Complete newbie! Where to start ?

2 Replies

Hey there ! I'm very interested in becoming more involved in real estate but have the slightest clue where to start. who to talk to and how to obtain my first property the RIGHT way. Doing my best to inquire and figure out if I actually need a license in order to obtain real estate. If someone would like to share some information pointing me in the right direction and could maybe work with me in helping me build my financial IQ? Looking to learn and apply! Thank you !

Originally posted by @Dion McRae :

Hey there ! I'm very interested in becoming more involved in real estate but have the slightest clue where to start. who to talk to and how to obtain my first property the RIGHT way. Doing my best to inquire and figure out if I actually need a license in order to obtain real estate. If someone would like to share some information pointing me in the right direction and could maybe work with me in helping me build my financial IQ? Looking to learn and apply! Thank you !

Hi Dion, pleased to meet you.

Here is how I do what you are wanting to do . . .

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/600/topics/584916-average-cash-flow-per-door-in-phoenix-metro-area

So, Decide which kind of investor you want to be (SFR, Commercial, Land, Tax Liens, Passive, HML, Multi-Family, Notes, Fix & Flip, Buy & Hold, "Subject To", apartments, duplexes, assisted living, REOs, Foreclosures, Short Sales), etc. Decide how much money you have access to, & the zip codes, city or state you want to focus on. That will determine the next step. Outline where you want to be in five years. Put it all in writing. Start working your plan. There are plenty of people around to help you each step of the way. Drop me a line if I can help.

@Dion McRae go to local meetups and meet fellow investors in your area. You'll be able to learn a lot from networking with others. Finding a mentor is another thing that will really help out. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions.