New to Real estate Investment market

5 Replies

I'm currently taking courses for my Real estate license, so I would like to know if getting the license is worth it or not? I've been hearing different opinions on the matter, but never have I discussed it on this site. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks.

It depends on what you plan on using it for.  If you buy one property for yourself and let it sit idle it probably isn't worth it.  If you want to use it part time but don't put any money or effort into generating clients it isn't worth it.  If you buy multiple properties per year it is probably worth it.

@Tyrell M Senior A license can be valuable to an investor. The most important reason is access to the MLS.

I was an agent and gave up my license. I found the agent world to be to confining. I am an out of the box kind of guy. The agent world hates that.

@Tyrell M Senior if you only plan on buying one property you will probably be best served by working with an agent, especially if this is your first ever purchase you can buy without one but it can be daunting if you don't know what you're doing.