20 year old starting out

6 Replies

Hello I am a 20 year old with no to bad credit practically no money and going to college for a finance degree. I want to get into real estate been looking on Facebook for wholesale deals to buy and flip but don’t know how to begin please help!

Hey Man look, just hop in the business! I'm in college too, and I guess it's safe to say my credit isn't the best. I started in this business with about $4,500 in my savings, but that's not what determined my success in Real Estate. I'm a living testimony that you do NOT need a top notch credit score, and $80k in your savings to Fix and Flip properties. 

I don't know how I did it, but I give thanks to the Lord because no one took me serious. I literally started in High School driving around in a '91 Camry driving for dollars, and cold calling sellers. A lot of people didn't want to do business with me because I had no money, and couldn't even send a bank statement for a Proof Of Funds at the time. That didn't stop me though lol. 

I kept pushing until I finally found the right property! It was actually a HUD foreclosure; and I was grateful to find a great HML, and a great partner to put up the downpayment for me. All I'm trying to say is that don't let your financial status determine your success in this business; as you get active more on BP you'll find more individuals with stories similar to mine. If you really want to start in this business just jump in, and network, and educate yourself man!