User Stats

Votes
Emily Baratta
Votes |
Best Rental Market for New Investors

Emily Baratta
Posted Jan 14 2019, 12:22

Hi Everyone!

I am new to Biggerpockets and looking to invest in my first rental property sometime in the next six months.  I live in New York City so I am planning to invest out of state through a turnkey. So far, I really like Homeunion and Roofstock. They each have a different strengths. In terms of markets, I am thinking about Cleveland area, Memphis, Pittsburgh area, Indianapolis, or Georgia. I would like to purchase a property for no more than $100,000, and cash flow is what I would like to prioritize. 

I would love to hear any advice from people who are in these markets or have worked with a turnkey provider that brought them a lot of success! Or I would love to hear about what markets people think I should also be considering!

Also more specifically, Cleveland seems to be great for cash flow, but I have heard required inspections from the city can be incredibly frustrating, eating up time and money. Does anyone have experience with this? If so, would you recommend a first time investor avoid Cleveland? How should I approach this?

Additionally, if anyone has experience in these markets and is based in New York City, I would love to have the opportunity to meet up!

Loading replies...