I’m an investor looking to add to my network in NJ and beyond

10 Replies

Hello,

I’m interested in meeting realtors, hard money lenders, contractors, loan officers and other investors who are active in the West Orange, Orange, East Orange, Union and Montclair markets in NJ. I’m also open to expanding my areas of interest. I look forward to hearing from you all and thanks for reading my post.

@Mark Navarrete Hi Mark, we are active in Union county.  Have you gone to any local real estate investment clubs?  I recommend NJ RESN.  It's the 2nd Wednesday of every month at the Westwood in Garwood, NJ from 6 to 10.  Tomorrow (February 12) is the next meeting.  It's a great combination of networking to meet all of the ppl you described, education (talking about Opportunity Zone investing tomorrow) and there are a ton of vendors, including lenders. Plus the founder and host Jon Steingraber is fantastic.  Great energy and a wealth of knowledge.  That's the best way to meet the folks who are active.  Google the club (NJ RESN) or go to meetup and find it. Good luck!

Hey Tahra,

Thanks for the information. The RESN sounds like exactly what I’m looking for. I look forward to attending tomorrow. Hopefully we can link up. 

Hello @Shawn M. I'm looking to flix and flip and also to fix and hold multi-family homes for cash flow. I see your rated a pro...I'm just getting started. I'm taking the necessary steps toward finding/building a team. What is your area of expertise? Area you working solely in Essex county? Do you currently have any projects going on? I hope my questions don't seem intrusive but I'm just trying to learn as much as possible.

@Mark Navarrete I own MFR in union and Essex county. I also help investors find properties as an agent. I am currently renovating a MFR that I will be moving into shortly. Fix and hold is great way to go, being open to finding a property that needs work will benefit you greatly.

@Shawn M. I'm having some frustrations in determining the ARV on the properties that I'm looking at. I'm solely relying on Zillow, Trulia and Redfin. The issue that I'm seeing on these sites is I'm getting the same values whether single family or multi family. I think I may have to search under sold and sort manually.

@Shawn M. I'm having some frustrations in determining the ARV on the properties that I'm looking at. I'm solely relying on Zillow, Trulia and Redfin. The issue that I'm seeing on these sites is I'm getting the same values whether single family or multi family. I think I may have to search under sold and sort manually.

@Mark Navarrete depend on the area and property. Single family properties and MFR may have similar ARV. I am not fluent with Zillow and like sites but search options and criteria's are restricted compared to what mls can offer.

Please don't use those sites.  Visit the public version of the garden state mls and search for multi family solds in there

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here