Questions for Cash Buyers

2 Replies

What are some vital questions to ask cash buyers when building a relationship/ dealing with cash buyers?

@Monét Marshall , In this situation I am assuming you are asking to partner with cash buyers.

People with cash do not necessarily understand real estate investing. Maybe they made their money in stocks or selling a business and they want to get in the real estate game because it looks fun.

#1 Let them know the time frame that you will need their money.

-If you are thinking long term (10 years) with an investment and they think real estate is cool now and in a year want to buy a Ferrari you will be forced to sell probably losing some money and then your name will be tarnished.

#2 Can they afford to pay in cash.

-If an investor has some money but not an emergency fund and something happens they will need their money back, screwing up the investment.

#3 I would want to know why they are not using the power of leverage and only putting 20% down.

- You may find out they are very very conservative with their money and if you planned to be aggressive with it that would not make a good partnership.

There are so many other questions to ask but I hope this gets you thinking.  I with I had a cash buyer partner here in Steamboat Springs, CO. Good Luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here