Votes
Bryan D.
  • Central Florida
Votes |
soon to be homeless with 300K

Bryan D.
  • Central Florida
Posted May 12 2019, 12:52

Hi all BP members! With all the experienced pro's I was hoping for some input on my situation. I just recently lost my job after 9 years to downsizing, the company wants to do more with much less. I can't afford the mortgage on my house due to the lack of job opportunities in this area of florida. Once I sell my house and a few other things happen I should have roughly 300K at my disposal with zero debt however I still need a place to live. I definitely want to "house hack" however I want to do more than that. I am single and I don't have as much as a pet rock depending on me so however sad that is it does allow certain freedoms. I would prefer to live in Florida with all the other crazies but I can move anywhere. My handyman skills are decent and I have tools from a hammer to a tractor. I know if I find decent employment I should be able to build my rentals up within 2-3 years where I could quit giving my time to someone else but feel with right approach I could cut that timeline down considerably. I have had enough of working for someone else. I have spent years wanting to get into REI's and haven't taken the plunge and now is the time. Any and all input is appreciated.

Loading replies...