Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Terry Huang Jr
Votes |
A little help/guidance needed for a beginner investor!

Terry Huang Jr
Posted Jun 18 2019, 09:21

Hello all!  I'm Terry and new to RE investing.  I reside in Astoria, NY, but it seems there are a lot more affordable opportunities for cash flow producing properties in Rochester, NY, opposed to Queens, Manhattan, and anything around here.  Ideally, I want to purchase a property or two within the next month or so, but I'm a little unclear on exactly what the next steps should be since a) These would be my first investment properties and b)  I'd have to find a property management company for homes that are so far away.  Below are a few my questions for you experts out there.  I apologize if these are incredibly simple and silly questions as I'm a true newbie.  Any help/feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!!

- What should be my "plan of attack" next month when I'll be free and be able to travel up to Rochester?  Do I try to group a bunch of viewings and properties together in a 1-2 week span?  Is that enough time to see all the properties, get mortgages from a bank, close on a deal(s), and also meet with property management companies?   Or can some (most) of that be done beforehand and while I'm in Queens? 

- Is it a mistake to buy properties so far away and that will require property managers as my first RE investments? 

- What comes first - contacting agents to view the properties OR finding the best property management company for potential properties?  I almost feel like I don't want to buy if I don't feel good about a property mgmt company!

Loading replies...