Do you tell your motivated seller you are gonna make money ?

6 Replies

Originally posted by @Fili Aguirre:

@Joe Villeneuve no, but, I dont know if my script shoukd say " I need to get your house at a certain price that also works for me".

I want to make a really good script

Focus on the seller's needs.

Originally posted by @Fili Aguirre:

@Joe Villeneuve no, but, I dont know if my script shoukd say " I need to get your house at a certain price that also works for me".

I want to make a really good script

No.  Why would you tell the seller that you plan on making a lot of money when you buy their house?  Put yourself in their place, and ask that question again.

It's none of their business what you plan on doing with the house after you own it, or how much money you are going to make.  Make your offer based on what you need.  If the Seller's needs don't allow for it, then you won't have a deal.  Never make an offer based on what you think, or know, what the offer needs to be to buy the property.  You're not interested in the property...you're interested in the deal.

The idea that you want to make your offer based on what the seller needs means you are helping the seller negotiate against you.  Kind of like talking to yourself.  I never worry when someone talks to themself.  I'm a little concerned when they argue with themselves out loud.  Where I get really worried is when they lose the argument.