New and motivated, I can't way to start, but I do not know how?

5 Replies

Hello, I just learn about the possibility of making extra income on whole sales, eventually planning on buying and flipping, and when I get enough I will like to have some rental properties. I am currently living on Columbia DC, but I have to move to Colorado Springs on September. I will like some guidance, in how I can just start.

I will like to buy a house I can flip in Colorado springs or Pueblo,and live on with my family, on a decent neighborhood, but I understand the the market is super hot and you have to be well connected to get any deals, foreclosures, or short sales.

Thank you

Julian,

Colorado Springs is definitely a hot market but if you are looking in the right places, you can find something. Being willing to live in the home for a while also gives you the opportunity to maximize your margin and decrease or eliminate the tax burden. Feel free to reach out to me when you get to town and I can point you in the right direction. I have many clients who are flippers.

Julian,

Colorado Springs is definitely a hot market but if you are looking in the right places, you can find something. Being willing to live in the home for a while also gives you the opportunity to maximize your margin and decrease or eliminate the tax burden. Feel free to reach out to me when you get to town and I can point you in the right direction. I have many clients who are flippers.

@JD Gunter

I will contact you for guidance when I get to Colorado, or like a month prior to get ahead of the game.

What type of finance you need for these types of properties? I know the VA and regular FHA's loans wont work with you on this type of situation. Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

You can do VA or FHA if you plan to live there for at least a year. Otherwise, you need short term financing through an alternative financing source.

One great way to get started is to buy a home or house hack for you and your family with an eye toward investing. After you have established some equity, get a home equity line of credit (HELOC) and use that for your investing.