Triplex and Quadraplex

7 Replies

Hello everyone, newbie and brand new here. Very basic question, just wondering if I purchase a triplex or quadraplex could I potentially generate a substantial enough profit to quit my day job? 

Potentially, yes. But not likely.

Buying real estate is not a way to solve your current job problems. If you are unhappy with your job, my advice would be to find another one that you enjoy :)

Real estate investing is a great way to grow your wealth over a long period of time. Eventually, it will lead to you not having to work anymore! But, if that is your sole focus from house #1 you may be disappointed.

@Olivia Drake You should spend some time to determine how much cash flow per month would be enough for you to leave your job. This would cover all your monthly expenses and bills, with additional margin for travel and doing the things you love. Once you have that number in mind, set it as a goal for how many cash flowing duplexes/triplexes/fourplexes you would need in order to reach that number and be financially independent. Best of luck!