Looking for real estate investors in Long Island, NY

2 Replies

Hello. I'm new to real estate investing. I've always kept my eye on the market in my area but would like some advise on just getting started. I'm very interested in flipping and have spoke with a couple hard money lenders. They all suggest to go in on a couple of deals with a more experienced investor. So I'm open to that scenario. I'm looking at properties in Long Island, NY, and New Jersey. I guess I'm just looking for advice on getting thru the first obstacle of just getting that first deal.

Originally posted by @Ruben Rodriguez :

Hello. I'm new to real estate investing. I've always kept my eye on the market in my area but would like some advise on just getting started. I'm very interested in flipping and have spoke with a couple hard money lenders. They all suggest to go in on a couple of deals with a more experienced investor. So I'm open to that scenario. I'm looking at properties in Long Island, NY, and New Jersey. I guess I'm just looking for advice on getting thru the first obstacle of just getting that first deal.

Hello Ruben,

I think its great that you've put yourself out there to speak with lenders and find out how to get started.

If house-flipping is your end goal, the advice you received was spot on. Find a mentor or someone you can shadow on a deal or 2. Ultimately, you'll need to find a deal on your own but the right mentor can help lead you along the way.

If you're interested in building wealth by investing in rental property, you might want to speak with a mortgage professional about your qualifications as a potential borrower. This will give you a sense of what kind of deal you'd qualify for.

Best of luck to you moving forward!

Abel

@Ruben Rodriguez welcome to BP. Getting your first deal done is always the hardest. Your best bet maybe to go to RE networking events where you can meet and get to know others like yourself. Search the Networking>Events tab above, for events near you.