Skip to content
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Gabriel Gorman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Alamogordo, NM
Votes |
New investor, in need good strategy to grow my portfolio!

Gabriel Gorman
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Alamogordo, NM
Posted Aug 15 2019, 22:34

Hey everyone I'm brand new to this form, and just getting started on building a solid rental portfolio. So any tips, tricks, or advice means the world to me and cant thank you all enough for sharing your wisdom.

With that said, I currently have two homes. One I purchased for 185k put 11k into it, and rent out for 1800 a month. The home is now valued at 245k. I also just closed on another house for 145k plan on putting 7500 into it and hope to get about 1150 a month for rent. With the new home value coming in at roughly 165k.

Now the challenge I face is growing my portfolio, I'm currently 24 years old, and a E-4 in the United States Air Force. I have used both of my VA loans to buy these homes, and have pretty much spent my savings on renovations. With the exception of 15k I keep put away for a rainy day. My goal is to be able to go full time investing in two years. As that is when my commitment to the Air Force is up. The exciting thing is I have zero idea how to do this! My job really doesn't pay incredibly well, and getting the 20 percent down on a investment loan would take a large amount of time. So I'm searching for an alternative way to grow my portfolio, to make getting out of the military possible.

I'm sorry for the long winded question. Also if this is a subject beat to death here, I apologize. But I appreciate any and all the knowledge you all are willing to share.

Thanks!

Loading replies...