• Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Finding a cash flowing property outside of Utah

Mike Anderson
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Aug 16 2019, 13:36

I’m living in Salt Lake City Utah, I have some cash saved up, and I would like to buy a cash flowing property. Not so much here I’m Utah with the cash I have. But I heard of Renttoretirement.com I’m not sure if that is reputable, or if anyone has experience with them? Are there other site similar to that? Are there some recommenced areas I should look with similar deals?

Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Amy Kendall
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lehi, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lehi, UT
Replied Aug 18 2019, 07:42

Is that a turnkey home provider?  If so, you can find a turnkey provider in just about any market that you are looking for.  Although not a turnkey provider themselves, Norada, could put you in contact with providers in any market throughout the country.  Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Nash
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
  • Orange County, CA
Replied Aug 18 2019, 10:04

I think the cash flow days are over in Utah for now as this market is more of a growth market. At least for single family....  I’m sure you can find a golden unicorn if you look hard enough but is far is building a portfolio there of cash flow you might be out of luck. 

I highly recommend always buying for cash flow first,  so you are protected if there ever is a shift in the local market economy. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tony Brown
  • Realtor
  • Utah
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Utah
Replied Aug 18 2019, 10:30

@Melissa Nash I was afraid this might be the case in Utah. I'm just starting out with this and running numbers on anything I've been able to find online doesn't show any potential so far. Going to have to really search for that golden unicorn.

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Nash
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
  • Orange County, CA
Replied Aug 18 2019, 11:12
Originally posted by @Tony Brown:

@Melissa Nash I was afraid this might be the case in Utah. I'm just starting out with this and running numbers on anything I've been able to find online doesn't show any potential so far. Going to have to really search for that golden unicorn.

Or just wait for a market change.... I buy turnkey in other states bc California is also high growth, no cashflow. 

User Stats

Votes
Zach Lemaster#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Zach Lemaster#3 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Aug 19 2019, 13:30

@Mike Anderson

Thanks for the interest!  We have many turnkey investment opportunities in markets that maximize cash flow, equity & appreciation potential.  Seldom are the best RE markets in your own backyard, so why not invest in the areas where you can maximize your returns?  Difficult part is finding the local boots on the ground team to support you, which is where we come in.

I encourage anyone else that has interest in working with our company to reach out to me directly with questions, or to schedule an initial phone consultation.

Here is a forum post with many investor testimonials that have worked with us.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/518583-feedback-on-renttoretirement-and-zach-lemaster?page=1

Let me know if you have any additional questions or would like to connect over a call.

Zach