Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Melak Firdo
Votes |
Columbus neighborhoods and future gentrification

Melak Firdo
Posted Oct 10 2019, 03:48

Hello everyone, my name is Melak. I reside in Tel Aviv, Israel. I would like to get into real estate investment to achieve financial freedom. Currently, I want to increase my capital via fix & flip strategic, Right now I decide to invest in the Columbus area.

My planning is to find an SFR with $200K and Purchase price + Rehab costs 70% from the ARV.

As part of my research on this area I face the question on what neighborhood should I focus on? So in order to answer this question, I would like to ask you What neighborhoods in Columbus do you expect to see gentrify in the future?

Thank you.

Melak Firdo

User Stats

Votes
Tom Ott
  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Oct 10 2019, 05:07
Originally posted by @Melak Firdo:

Hello everyone, my name is Melak. I reside in Tel Aviv, Israel. I would like to get into real estate investment to achieve financial freedom. Currently, I want to increase my capital via fix & flip strategic, Right now I decide to invest in the Columbus area.

My planning is to find an SFR with $200K and Purchase price + Rehab costs 70% from the ARV.

As part of my research on this area I face the question on what neighborhood should I focus on? So in order to answer this question, I would like to ask you What neighborhoods in Columbus do you expect to see gentrify in the future?

Thank you.

Melak Firdo

Columbus is good, but the prices have been inching up a lot. Have you looked at other Ohio cities as well?

User Stats

Votes
Melak Firdo
Votes |
Replied Oct 10 2019, 05:31
Originally posted by @Tom Ott:

Thank you.

Melak Firdo

Columbus is good, but the prices have been inching up a lot. Have you looked at other Ohio cities as well?

@Tom Ott

Yes I looked at the cities and sub rural around Columbus, like Delaware, Grove City, Reynoldsburg, New Albany and Gahanna

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Oct 10 2019, 05:50

@Melak Firdo I would focus on the below areas. You can find affordable 2-4 unit properties in the $120,000 - $200,000 greater range that cash flow well. Those areas are gentrifying rapidly.

Let me know if you need any help.

• Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Oct 10 2019, 06:41

@Melak Firdo I forgot to add this attachment

• Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tom Ott
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Oct 10 2019, 07:20
Originally posted by @Tom Ott:

Thank you.

Melak Firdo

@Tom Ott

Yes I looked at the cities and sub rural around Columbus, like Delaware, Grove City, Reynoldsburg, New Albany and Gahanna

I meant the other markets in Ohio sich as Cleveland, Cincinnati, or Toledo. They are still big cities with a high demand for rentals, but the prices are lower. Columbus is nice, but the prices are higher. It all depends on your strategy. Columbus would have a better appreciation, but if you are in it for buy-and-hold, that may not matter as much right now.  

User Stats

Votes
Austin Steed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Oct 10 2019, 12:21

Couldn't agree more with @Remington Lyman

I'm in contract on an off market double in Southern Orchards for this very reason. 

@Melak Firdo I like this area as it's backed by HNHF.

https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/about-us/population-health-and-wellness/healthy-neighborhoods-healthy-families

Basically a Billion dollar hospital wanted to see an area in their front yard to be revitalized. HNHF is building new builds and doing complete renos to properties. 

As I see might be a good idea to ride that wave..

User Stats

Votes
Peter Lohmann
  • Property Manager
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Oct 11 2019, 06:28

The wave of gentrification near Children's Hospital started over 5 years ago, and is well priced in by this point. Proceed with caution...