Which to use when wholesaling my first deal Agent or Attorney?

4 Replies

Originally posted by @Kayin Lawrence :

@Anthony Dooley thanks. If I were to have a property under contract and located a buyer I would then follow up by contacting an attorney to close the deal?

I recommend talking to an attorney first. Ask them what the best, legal way, in your state/locality to properly do a wholesale. Show them your contract and ask them what changes they recommend. This is worth paying for. You have it under contract from the seller. You also must get the buyer under contract. Then, typically you can assign your first contract to the buyer for a fee. Some attorneys will do a double closing, others will not. 


Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here