Advice: Starting out with 50k cash SoCal

3 Replies

Hi everyone,

I would like some advice.

How would you start your real estate investment journey with 45-60k cash on hand?

Background: 31 years old. Family of 4. Based out of Riverside

Take home pay after taxes: $4300

Monthly expense: ~$3255

Currently renting: $1440/mo

I have one house I bought in in Riverside in 2012, but no cash flow since parents are living in there and paying the mortgage, bills, and maintenance. Conventional loan at 4%. 35k HELOC available, took it out June 2018 for roof repair.

3mo in emergency savings separate.

Ideally looking for somewhere to live with my family (wife and two children, 6 and 6mo.) and rent our extra space. Or live in brrrr?

I work in Corona/Riverside border and would like somewhere driving distance.

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from all of you.

@NAZMUL HUDA If you are looking to house hack I'd probably go with Downtown Riverside, Corona or Redlands/ Loma Linda most of the multifamily inventory in the other cities in the area is way overpriced for what you get in my opinion.

We're gonna set you up @NAZMUL HUDA !! Don't you worry! I specialize in deals like this. and will help you figure out a way to use this money and maximize your investment. Can't wait to see what we do to get this going for you! I'm excited haha

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here