How can I become a hard money lender or equity partner?

5 Replies

@Friedrich Herzog -  Hey Friedrich, welcome to BP

I'm confused by your post title and post content.  Are you looking for a place to find hard money lenders or partners, or are you looking for investors to partner with, or make loans to?

Hi @Michael Ablan - thanks for the response. 

Apologies for the confusion, I am looking to either directly invest alongside or give loans to other real estate investors. In other words, I have money that I would like to put to work but I have no real estate experience in the US so cannot do it myself.

Hope that makes more sense?

@Friedrich Herzog I feel like this is going to be a bumpy road for you. You first need to know how not to get taken advantage of, by the time you learn that you would have learned how to get into the business. Your best bet is finding local meet ups. There will probably be mentors there to tell you stories of how they got burned and what not to do and there will also be people there who need money for their deals. The problem is finding the people who not only need the money, but know what to do with it and can present you with a good deal to invest in and you have to know the business good enough to know it really is a good deal and the numbers aren't pipe dreams

Hi @Bryan Devitt - thanks for the response and totally agree, I am very aware that I need to be cautious of "getting burned" and frankly that's exactly why I am trying to ask the questions because I want to see if there are any platforms that provide for a transparent and safe way to find people... 

I like your idea about local meetups and I'll certainly pursue that next as well.

Honeatly there is so much information on this forum and posts from invenstors who have learned the hard lessons that if you read for a couple hours a night for the next month you would know more than most that are out there. I don't know of any investor specific places outside of this forum to get more information though 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here