Anyone else a "Secret Agent" in Houston?

2 Replies

Hello,

Getting going as a solo agent has slowed me down and I thought that I can't be the only one going through something like this. I'm thinking that blogging/vlogging my journey on the pursuit of success will help keep me accountable and engaged in my business. 

I have not attended any networking events but the ones I come across are not really what I am looking for yet. Anyone in Houston know of any networking events that are meant for beginner, solo, and "secret" agents? If there aren't I think starting one would be an amazing resource to agents, "lost in the sauce." I would be glad to help start one if anyone is interested. 

I want to become a better at leasing/rentals as well as investment properties. If you work in investments and could use an extra pair of hands, I would be glad to mow a lawn, paint a room, pull carpet, etc... in exchange for learning under you. Starting from the bottom so the sky is the limit. 

Also, need to complete my ABR designation by closing a few sales. Please reach out If you need an agent to host an open house or help generate leads.

Thanks! 

Originally posted by @Christian Noesi :

Hello,

Getting going as a solo agent has slowed me down and I thought that I can't be the only one going through something like this. I'm thinking that blogging/vlogging my journey on the pursuit of success will help keep me accountable and engaged in my business. 

I have not attended any networking events but the ones I come across are not really what I am looking for yet. Anyone in Houston know of any networking events that are meant for beginner, solo, and "secret" agents? If there aren't I think starting one would be an amazing resource to agents, "lost in the sauce." I would be glad to help start one if anyone is interested. 

I want to become a better at leasing/rentals as well as investment properties. If you work in investments and could use an extra pair of hands, I would be glad to mow a lawn, paint a room, pull carpet, etc... in exchange for learning under you. Starting from the bottom so the sky is the limit. 

Also, need to complete my ABR designation by closing a few sales. Please reach out If you need an agent to host an open house or help generate leads.

Thanks! 

If you can get ABR by doing leases we can keep you busy. I have a few 'outside leasing agents' who work with us to keep our properties full. They're paid per lease. And we give them bonuses that scale up after doing 2 leases in a month (a $200 bonus on the 3rd, $400 on the 4th, etc.)

Anyway, something to keep in mind. If leases count for ABR ("ATR"? :) then I'd go that direction (doesn't have to be with us -- just look at rentals out there on HAR, post to Craigslist, and lease them. I had a girl who worked full time at Shell do leasing for us. She'd line up people for weekends. She got paid like $70k on her busiest year with us. Sadly she moved to Austin.

@Cody L. @Cody L. Thank you for reaching out and for the advice. Wow, I'm very interested in learning more about how we could work together.

I will have to find out if leases count towards my ABR destination but either way it should not be a problem.