Struggling to Buy First Property

7 Replies

I am struggling to buy my first property. I have money to put down, I know where I want to buy but can't seem to get the deal done. After trying for a while I've found myself looking for advice from experienced investors. If anyone has first time investment property experience to share, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Anyone who's ever invested has "first-time investor" experience. 

What are you struggling with? Finding deals? Making an offer?

I would recommend you find a real estate investing group where you can network with other investors, maybe even find someone willing to mentor you a little.

Originally posted by @Nathan G. :

Anyone who's ever invested has "first-time investor" experience. 

What are you struggling with? Finding deals? Making an offer?

I would recommend you find a real estate investing group where you can network with other investors, maybe even find someone willing to mentor you a little.

Those were the questions that I'm sure are on the fingers of everyone that read this post.

Originally posted by @Madison Trevizan :

@Nathan G. @Joe Villeneuve I am having a hard time finding lenders for the deals. Then making offers has been difficult because of this. I’ve found many deals thankfully.

Talk to local banks and credit unions, not the national chains like Wells Fargo. You can also look under NETWORK at the top of this page and search for lenders.

That was helpful advice, Nathan! Thank you! 

Madison, my husband and I are in the same boat as you. I hope you are able to coordinate with the right investors for your deal!