• New to Real Estate
  • Saratoga Springs, UT
Votes |
Low income neighborhoods?

Mario Cuartas
  • New to Real Estate
  • Saratoga Springs, UT
Posted Jan 15 2021, 17:34

Does anyone have an investing strategy of buying and holding property in low income neighborhoods?

I have heard the saying, “the poor” need housing too. I am curious if anyone has made a niche out of this type of investment strategy? If so, what should I watch out for? Do you just estimate more for caps x, maintenance, and other reserves?

The other day I walk through a property in a not so nice neighborhood, and it was absolutely disgusting. I could not believe those people lived in such horrible circumstances in the USA. I also thought, “how shameful on the property owner who allows his tenants to live in such terrible circumstances”. After seeing that, I got this over whelming desire to provide affordable housing in low income areas and actually take care of tenants. Maybe low income tenants do not take care of their rentals because the landlords don’t take care of them. I am a big believer in the invisible hand, so I fill like if great land lords treat people great, they will return the favor. Is my thinking flawed? What do you think?

Loading replies...