User Stats

Votes
Hannah Paitchel
Votes |
New Investor Trying to Find a Market

Hannah Paitchel
Posted Jul 14 2021, 19:46

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to Bigger Pockets and have spent the last 6 months listening to the podcast, reading investing books and talking to friends who are all interested in the same stuff. I now am at the perfect time to start investing! I'm looking to buy a rental property for $150,000 max and my goal/priority is buying a cash flowing property. I'm young (25) and just starting out so the goal is to find financial freedom so I don't have to work my 9-5 for years on end. I'm looking to buy by the end of the year.

I currently live in LA and don't think this market is what I'm looking for. Eventually it could be the right market for long-term appreciation, but for now I'm focusing on cash flow. I grew up in New England so I am familiar with that area and think the opportunities are more or less the same as LA/California. I'm looking primarily for suggestions on markets and for people to tell their stories for where they are investing. I'd love to share our experiences on getting started, your do's/don'ts and anyone in-network they'd recommend in said market.

Thanks for your input and looking forward to networking!

Hannah Paitchel

Loading replies...