Votes
Michael Barlow
  • Franklin, MA
Votes |
Start-up questions- Any advice?

Michael Barlow
  • Franklin, MA
Posted Aug 12 2013, 08:16

Hi everybody! So, I just got my business together. Filed an S Corp (that's still processing), got the google voice #, got the P.O. Box and got the website, etc.. My next step is targeting those motivated sellers.

My first question is about just that. Any tips on how to target these folks in my area? From what I've picked up, if I did it now, I'd probably yellow letter to inheritance, probate and absentee's while cold calling craigslist and other ads. Just looking for some suggestions for the beginner, I've got that flying blind/ just took the first leap out the nest feel.

My more important question is this. I've started marketing handyman work to investors/ landlords on Craigslist to network with people in the business, mainly. So, I did some work here on a 3 unit owned by a man in Chicago. His tenant was who I dealt with on site. I mentioned to him what I was doing and he was very enthusiastic about investing in real estate himself. He runs 2 or 3 other small businesses so I figure he's mostly looking for the return on investment that real estate provides but he did show some interest in holding a property that would be close to him. Anyway, how do I take advantage of this as a brand new investor and get this guy what he's looking for? He's willing to invest $20-$40k and has excellent credit.

Thanks!

Loading replies...