Auction.com usage

8 Replies

Has anyone used Auction.com to purchase bank owned property? I just discovered this site but am leery about using it without knowing someone who has used it.

Yes. You won't get scammed as far as auction.com stealing your money. But you are equally unlikely to get a screaming deal because they set the reserves fairly high.

I bought a property about 1 year ago and had a great experience. It was a major fixer, but I got a great deal.

I look constantly for the next one.

Originally posted by Account Closed:
Yes. You won't get scammed as far as auction.com stealing your money. But you are equally unlikely to get a screaming deal because they set the reserves fairly high.

So if I register to bid giving my credit card information and end up not bidding for some reason, will I get charged? I understand if I'm winning bidder and don't follow through, I will lose the deposit, but what if I just don't end up bidding?

in my experience they'll put a $2,500 hold on your account that will be released 24 hours after the auction if you don't bid.

i bought a sfh on auction.com and I got a great deal. But I have only bought one. I felt it was a easy process the hardest part was giving them the money to bid. With it being my first time I did not know what to expect. 

I have used Auction.com several times and been very happy with the site. Just make sure to take your time and read the details about the particular property and auction time. The properties are sold with various deeds types such as special warranty deeds.

I have used Auction.com to purchase in Ohio, Arkansas and even Alaska.

Happy hunting:)

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here