auction.com

3 Replies

I recently put a house under contract with auction.com. I was blown away by linear title's fees so I called them up and told them I was using my own title company. They said OK but still want to charge me over $500 doc prep fees and put in my HUD 1 that I am responsible for the tax stamps which are typically paid by the seller or 50/50 split in my state. Do I have any bargaining leverage here? I feel like walking at this point but don't want to lose a 4000 deposit.

Originally posted by @Gregory Boudle :

I recently put a house under contract with auction.com. I was blown away by linear title's fees so I called them up and told them I was using my own title company. They said OK but still want to charge me over $500 doc prep fees and put in my HUD 1 that I am responsible for the tax stamps which are typically paid by the seller or 50/50 split in my state. Do I have any bargaining leverage here? I feel like walking at this point but don't want to lose a 4000 deposit.

Did you walk away from this? How did the transaction go?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here