REO Agents

3 Replies

Hi all,

I am a Wholesaler from Chicago, IL and I am looking for an REO agent or any good suggestions. The Agents I have contacted on my own sometimes don't even know what Wholesaling is in Real Estate. I am grateful for any help or suggestions.

Most Realtors don't want to work with Wholesalers even if they knwo what it is. Seriously, essentially a wholesaler is acting as an unlicensed realtor. (That comment is not meant to stir up a debate). However you must look at it from the Realtor standpoint. 

Remember, the way to get people to work with you, is to view it from their side and present a viable solution that makes sense to them! 

I learn this lesson from an experience investor I met at a local REI Club here in Chicago. When I learned a few key things by listening and talking to more experience investors, my own career took off. I dropped the GURU learned crap and suddenly, I was investing and not just saying I was one.

Thank [email protected] You are absolutely right & I really appreciate that advice and will use it going forward. I do have 2 realtors on my team, however lately I think I've been approaching the newer ones incorrectly. I think I will exercise the option of getting my license and use it in my own investing business & become the 3rd realtor on my team. 

Originally posted by @Dale Stevens :

Most Realtors don't want to work with Wholesalers even if they knwo what it is. Seriously, essentially a wholesaler is acting as an unlicensed realtor. (That comment is not meant to stir up a debate). However you must look at it from the Realtor standpoint. 

Remember, the way to get people to work with you, is to view it from their side and present a viable solution that makes sense to them! 

I learn this lesson from an experience investor I met at a local REI Club here in Chicago. When I learned a few key things by listening and talking to more experience investors, my own career took off. I dropped the GURU learned crap and suddenly, I was investing and not just saying I was one.

Thank [email protected] You are absolutely right & I really appreciate that advice and will use it going forward. I do have 2 realtors on my team, however lately I think I've been approaching the newer ones incorrectly. I think I will exercise the option of getting my license and use it in my own investing business & become the 3rd realtor on my team. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.