• Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Fannie HomePath Listing Agent Frustrations

Jon Menaster
  • Investor
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Aug 17 2016, 13:04

Hi there,

I'm in NYC and looking at HomePath properties. I have had numerous issues with listing agents that represent Fannie with these properties and am trying to find out if this is just the norm or if I'm running into specific problems that I can solve somehow.

First issue: The property went 'active' and my broker attempted to schedule a viewing. No answers to phone calls, texts, or emails. Eventually two days later he gets a response from an assistant who says the property is taken. Lo and behold in a few days it's under contract.

Second issue: The property went from coming soon to active - this time, the listing agent simply announced they will not be showing the property. Instead of meeting my agent and me at the property, they announced that my agent must drive to Coney Island (an hour away from the property) to pick up the keys, view the home, and return the keys to the listing agent, all in the same day. They also will only allow this during business hours, meaning the home cannot be viewed after 5pm or on weekends.

My agent thinks that because these homes are such hot properties the agents can get away with not really caring, figuring somebody will buy them regardless. What's the solution here? I called up the Fannie Mae resource center and they said there's nothing they can do; if my agent wants to file a complaint they can, but the results of the internal investigation may take time and will never be made public.

I guess my question is how can I or my agent approach listing agents in such a way that gets them to want to actually do their job and return phone calls or show a property? What am I missing here?

Loading replies...