• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
"Technical" term differentiation.

Alex Russo
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tucson, AZ
Posted Sep 28 2016, 11:12

Hey there guys. My partner and I are moving very large portfolios (generally $1M-$100M+) of REOs and notes in TX,FL,AZ,CA,OH and few other states. My partner does a lot of the sourcing, hes is currently - to be blunt - so busy hes forgetting to tie his shoes. 

I am now starting to source directly from banks and HF's. We all are aware if you say one wrong this to some of the higher echelon asset mangers you can/will get hung up depending on the individual. Not all asset managers are created the same after all. 

I wanted to reach out and ask some professionals on here who have experience in this area of sourcing. 

My questions falls as this,  when you are connecting buyers and sellers (essentially wholesaling on a higher level) you are technically by definition "brokering" a deal (though not literally a broker). The true defined term of this is as follows.

broker

ˈbrōkər/

verb

gerund or present participle: brokering

1. arrange or negotiate (a settlement, deal, or plan).
I always believe it is better to be safer than dragged into court over 1 wrong thing said. Love to hear from you everyone and what your thoughts or experiences are.

-Alex