• Durango, CO
Votes |
Mobile foreclosure not purged conflicting information

Brandon Halley
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Durango, CO
Posted Oct 15 2016, 08:22

I am interested in a house on auction.com that appears to be a 3/2 mobile for sale on a 4 acre parcel of land. The reason that I say appears to be is because there is conflicting information.

On auction.com in the description it says for auction is a 3/2 mobile on 4 acres. It has an inspection report of the interior with pictures of both the inside and out. 

On the assessors website, the land and the mobile have not been purged. The land is in the name of the foreclosure bank. The mobile is still in the name of the previous residents. The assessor told me it's possible the paperwork just hasn't been updated yet, but the auction is happening very soon and I am hesitant to bid in fear that the foreclosure bank perhaps does not in fact have rights to the mobile. 

Does anyone have any experience regarding the foreclosure process of a mobile that has not been purged and that may be helpful in this situation?

If I purchase it after all, I would like to get everything in my name and purge the two titles. Rehab and then sell or possibly rent. It would be my first mobile home purchase. If there is anything about this process that may throw me a curve ball or just general tips feel free to chime in on that as well.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, Thanks!!

Loading replies...