• Investor
  • Rapid City, SD
Votes |
Shady transaction on a REO?

Jonathan Harms
  • Investor
  • Rapid City, SD
Posted Jun 1 2017, 08:42
Hi all, Hoping to get the opinions of the smart folks in this community. I bought an REO from one of the big banks. Step 1 was to sign an addendum they required services via their asset administration division. Next, I heard nothing until the evening before the agreed upon closing date. I didn't have a closing location or any other financial info from the seller/bank Next, the day of closing, my agent, who is proving untrustworthy, said the closing wasn't going to happen and didn't provide much other information. Next, I asked my attorney for advice and found out it was ambiguous that the Purchase Agreement I had initials only in the countered section, not the accepted section. But...my agent (first time working together), said we have a done deal. I used addendum language from my lawyer to extend the closing date and reiterate the sales price and seller as the bank. Next, my agent said the bank wanted the seller listed on this addendum as "Owner of Record." And this is where we are at now. Is this common? Or is something shady going on? Thanks!

Loading replies...