Tracking down bank owned properties

4 Replies

Hi Folks,

I have found a property in my investing area that is owned by M&T Bank. I have been unable to track down anyone with the bank to find more info. The property has been vacant for well over 2 years. It hasn't appeared on their website, there has been no activity at the property, and I can't find out what is going on. Their website doesn't give a phone number to talk to anyone. They said if it doesn't appear on the website you have to wait. I have been waiting. Has anyone had any luck with M&T Bank owned properties? I could use some help trying to find a connection to talk with someone. 

Maybe the bank has not completely foreclosed on that property. Check to see if owner's name is still listed in the assessor's website and follow up.

Originally posted by @Kyle Wenger :

Hi Folks,

I have found a property in my investing area that is owned by M&T Bank. I have been unable to track down anyone with the bank to find more info. The property has been vacant for well over 2 years. It hasn't appeared on their website, there has been no activity at the property, and I can't find out what is going on. Their website doesn't give a phone number to talk to anyone. They said if it doesn't appear on the website you have to wait. I have been waiting. Has anyone had any luck with M&T Bank owned properties? I could use some help trying to find a connection to talk with someone. 

Sounds like you have more waiting to do. M&T Bank isn't a small single branch bank so, if aren't providing any information, contacting them probably won't get you far.

Same here I’d been waiting on 2 Properties that been vacant for years! One been vacant for over 6 years now and another about 5 years.

@Armindo Gonzalez Jr and @Kyle Wenger have you all happened to stop by the houses and see if there's any information on the door or in the window? I used to work as an REO Account Manager and our information was always on the door or in the window. You would be able to contact the REO broker or the property preservation company (who ever has their info in the window). Unfortunately, now I work for a mortgage company, I see the hold up that can be caused before a mortgage company can list the foreclosure. Usually it's a legal dilemma, even if they've already put the DOT in the lender's name. With a large bank like M&T Bank, it would be near impossible to locate the asset manager.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.