Homepath foreclosure Baton Rouge LA

2 Replies

I just recently finished my own home remodel. Iam looking for my next project. I found a 2 bed 3 bath 1790 sqft 1955 pier foundation. list price is 125k it's been on the market for 155 days with continuous price decreases. its a Fannie mae Home path foreclosure. I was interested in possibly putting a offer in for 75k-85k getting a homepath mortgage only putting down 5% on a 200k mortgage. Rolling the renovation budget into the mortgage. 10k down 1100 ish a month probably take 6-8 moths full renovation to complete. comps on the same street with an extra bedroom updated 255k-280k. comps with 2 extra bedrooms are 300k-325k. Good reasons this area will see major appreciation. Is a budget of 115k-125k enough to do a major top to bottom remodel? even though that might include having alot of plumbing and electrical. Maybe even other issues before I even get to an addition. I have not physically inspected property yet. Homepath are sold as is. I would've be afraid. of anything structural, electrical, plumbing whatever I could get it done. Just need advice on. how to buy it right.

Homepath mtg.s no longer exist. You could do a fha 203k if you want to occupy, or do a Homestyle mtg. Too much to speculate about until you see it.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here