Votes
Brett Dufur
  • Rocheport, MO
Votes |
How to become a conservator/steward/__________

Brett Dufur
  • Rocheport, MO
Posted Mar 8 2018, 09:57

I've listened to a ton of Bigger Pocket Podcasts. Love them! A year or so back, a Bigger Pockets podcast guest briefly sort of off-hand talked about taking a bank owned property that was just languishing... (wasn't even listed for sale)... and he had a judge make him the conservator/steward... darn that's not the word he used... but the judge allowed him to become the point man on preserving the property (because preserving habitable property benefits the community)... so he was legally able to go in, stabilize and rehab the property, at which point he later closed out/foreclosed on the BANK and then owned the property completely. 

I am real rusty on some of the lingo... can anyone help me out with this process? Long story short, I'm in Missouri, there is a nice little farm near here with a house that is literally ROTTING away... owned/foreclosed by a BIG bank in Texas who foreclosed on it probably 6-8 years ago... it is sitting in limbo still... not for sale... not listed for sale... my realtor has been faxing/emailing their foreclosure department for a YEAR with no reply... it must be stuck in their backlisted inventory for some reason... in the meantime, they pay a management company to mow the grass, drain the water lines... but that company has been tight lipped and won't give me a contact person. 

It is basically my dream property and wonder if I should drive down to Texas and knock on the big bank's door til I get a good point of contact. I've spent probably a hundred hours researching for a point of contact, talking to the county seat recorders office, etc., and can't seem to make a solid connection with someone at the mega-bank who owns it... Like I mentioned, neither me nor my realtor was able to get the magical call back from their Fax Only Foreclosure department. Any thoughts on where to begin? Many thanks!! If you've got the skills to help me bird-dog this, I am all ears!

Loading replies...