• Real Estate Investor
  • La Fayette, NY
Votes |
Vanderbilt Mortgage and finance REO how low of an offer

Edward R.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • La Fayette, NY
Posted May 16 2018, 18:19

Of course nobody knows how low a REO will go but looking for some insight on offering. It's a 1970 built house, good condition. Had new siding, driveway put, 5 year old roof in about 5 years ago and some new windows. $1400 square feet in a desired area with good school. Its actually down the road from where I just finished up and sold my perfect first flip. Guy bought it around 2012 for $74K fixed it up with stated above plus updated kitchen and new appliances, carpet blah blah blah. Sold it 2015 to a divorced lady with a child who over paid for it ($135K) she lost job then bank took it over and bought it back in March at referee sale for $101K. Bank is asking through a out of town realtor $120K

Previous owner removed all appliances, carpet needs replacement, new trim, new furnace, hot water a few new windows, new countertops , new 2nd bath.   Ppersonally, 120K way too much, bank foreclosed amount was $145K  Listing realtor description states TLC on the property; that's laughable.  I'm thinking of buying it for a rental.  My offer is probably going to be $82K.  In my eyes it needs about 20K done to it.  Does my offer number seem unrealistic?  Rental values in the area are typically $1700 for a home and fixed up and sold maybe $140-145K or so.  my recent flip is probably the highest the neighborhood has had in many years, but that home turned out great, more space.   

Loading replies...