Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Cyle Lublin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Westland, MI
Votes |
REO in Michigan: I won on Auction.com...now the fun starts...

Cyle Lublin
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Westland, MI
Posted Mar 21 2019, 05:30

So I won an auction on Auction.com for $51,500 cash (comps in the area are 75-85k for a similar home).

Here's a synopsis of my situation:

1. I intend on living in this house.
  2. The "bank" selling the home is transferring the interest of the Sheriff's Deed through a Quit Claim Deed.
  3. This house is occupied but I'm not sure if it's the original mortgage holder or tenant(s) - HOW DO I VERIFY THIS?
  4. The Redemption Period ends on June 13th - I'd like to extend an offer of "Cash for Keys" with a Waiver of Redemption but the documentation I have says I can't contact the occupants of the home.
  5. The Title Company running this transaction will provide a Title Commitment for Title Insurance after the Redemption Period is over, which (as mentioned) I'd like to expedite.
  6. Can I insure the property with only a Quit Claim Deed? I technically do not own the home until the Redemption Period ends - I just don't want the house to be destroyed without insurance (losing most of my money).

I understand the risks:

• Sight unseen of the inside
  • Occupants could trash or have trashed the place
  • Potential eviction "fun" to be had

Has anyone had to deal with this similar or exact situation in their past? How did you deal with it?

I'm looking for a reasonable process of completing this transaction. Please help!

Loading replies...