Painting Required & other repair items on VA Loan closing Jan 23rd - high of 28 degrees next 10 days.

2 Replies

VA loan closing Jan 23rd.

Repairs required by VA appraiser/inspector:
--------------------------------------------------------------
1. ALL STEPS TO UPPER LEVEL AND STEPS TO THE BASEMENT NEEDS HANDRAILS...(ALL STEPS)..............

2. CARPORT OVERHANG AND GARAGE DOORS NEEDS PAINTING. .......... 

3. THERE ARE 2 BROKEN WINDOWS GARAGE DOORS THAT NEED TO BE REPLACED.........

4. THE HOT WATER HEATER NEED A POP OFF LEG....

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the next 10 days the temperature is not supposed to go above freezing.  Pretty sure is not any alternatives to painting?

How much would a pop off leg cost on water heater?  the water heater is pretty old.  Was thinking just replace the whole water heater if I have to have someone come in and replace the pop off.

I would prefer not to go into the property to make the repairs until I own the property. I prefer to do the painting myself vs. paying a contractor.

Escrow at least some of these? but then I think I would have to have a contract give me a Firm Fixed price bid?

Input on how to handle this appreciated.

Doesn't seem like anything that should cost more than like $100 in materials and maybe half a day of work

@Jassem A. wouldn't think it would - but it's a VA inspector. not sure if they will let me escrow the repairs or not. And it's 11 degrees with -25 degree windchill predicted. Little challenging to paint in that weather.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.