HUD Properties Greater Boston Area - Massachusetts

4 Replies

Hi everyone,

I sat in on a webinar last night with Brandon Turner and got to speak to him briefly about buying in high priced markets like Boston. He suggested looking into HUD properties for our first multi-family. Does anyone have any information on those properties (things to look out for, advantages, disadvantages etc...). We will be financing through an FHA loan as well.

Also, if anyone knows where and how we can find these HUD properties in Massachusetts that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by @Anthony Simboli :

Hi everyone,

I sat in on a webinar last night with Brandon Turner and got to speak to him briefly about buying in high priced markets like Boston. He suggested looking into HUD properties for our first multi-family. Does anyone have any information on those properties (things to look out for, advantages, disadvantages etc...). We will be financing through an FHA loan as well.

Also, if anyone knows where and how we can find these HUD properties in Massachusetts that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

HUD properties can be found at:

www.HUDHomestore.com

Don't get to excited though.  Only 13 places in the entire state right now.  Looks like there is a 3 family in Springfield as the only current multi.  8 Places are in Worcester County or farther west, so not close to Boston at all.

Currently nothing currently in Suffolk, Essex or Norfolk Counties and the only one in Middlesex is in Ayer, where if you know the layout is about as far north and west as you can possibly be in the county.

A few years ago there was good HUD inventory, but not since maybe early 2013.

@Shaun Reilly Thanks for the information. I had a feeling there would not be too many out there but I appreciate the reference. I'll keep my eye out over time too see if anything pops up!

Try a site called Homesearch as well. It is another auction site.

Try a site called Homesearch as well. It is another auction site. Please keep me updated on how it goes. 😊

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.