Votes
Kimi McCarty
  • Visalia, CA
Votes |
where to find your deed if it hasn't came in the mail

Kimi McCarty
  • Visalia, CA
Posted Aug 24 2015, 21:15

I purchased a property from a land bank in Tennessee. I started the purchasing process April 3rd then it closed on June 22nd. They said I would get the deed in the mail within 6 to 8 weeks. It's week 9! I know it's not that late but I suddenly want to go to ministry school and need tuition in a few weeks. it's worth 8 thousand I'm going to try and sell it quickly at about 6 thousand. But I'm afraid to do that until I have the deed in hand. I keep checking the register of deeds website but It's so outdated. I know I've asked  a similar question about this before but I'm running out of time if I'm gonna sell it quick. 

I've called a title company they said they wouldn't pull title until I had an offer on the property. 

Also does anyone know. The county said I would have clear title but I hear they don't always know what that means. Just in case it doesn't someone said you don't have to do a quite title if you let it sit for 4 years. It looks like the tax sale was over 4 years ago and it been with the county that long. I'm just curious if that would clear  it or is that 4 year after I purchase it from the county.

Loading replies...