Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Leland Titus
Pro Member
  • Flipper
  • Santa Fe, NM
Votes |
Can I buy a forgotten property for taxes in NM by paying them.

Leland Titus
Pro Member
  • Flipper
  • Santa Fe, NM
Posted Aug 25 2016, 15:52

Hello I was approached by someone who would like to buy a certain piece of property. This property has been abandoned for quite some time. It took me a little while to figure out that it had actually went through foreclosure in 2004. The property went back to the mortgage company. The mortgage company later went under and was taken over by Wells Fargo in about 2008. Also somewhere in this time between 2004 and 2008 the address of this property and all properties around it in Santa Fe were changed. I believe that due to the address change and the company going under that this property has been lost to the world for 12 yrs and that whoever owns it probably Wells Fargo has no idea that they own it. I spoke with the county tax assessor and they haven't even charged taxes on it since 2006, this property truly fell through the cracks. There is a back tax bill of 250.00 can I pay this and file a lien? any ideas or help? I know that if I reach out to Wells Fargo there is little to no chance of finding anything out so I am looking for a creative way to buy this forgotten property for my client. 

Loading replies...