Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Michael Dunn
  • Olive Branch, MS
Votes |
HUD home Purchase using a VA Loan .........

Michael Dunn
  • Olive Branch, MS
Posted Sep 6 2016, 18:09

Good Evening,

I am wondering please, if I will have any trouble in Purchasing a Property listed on the HUD website as my Primary as my Primary Residence, IF the Property shows that it is " Insured " ?

I know that using a VA Loan , that they have the Strictist Clauses, in that a Property HAS TO be in Move in ready condition, in order for it to qualify under the VA Loan Guidelines . correct ?

I just need a basic Guideline on what WON'T pass via a VA inspection , so I'll know which Houses to Avoid and not even consider, since they'll be more Inclined to not Pass, with X Y Z repairs being needed

Questions:

1. Is there a Rehab type loan ( similar to a 203K that you can use with an FHA loan ), for the Use with a VA Loan ?

2. On the Condition Summary Report on listed HUD properties...... If it shoes that a House needs $3,000 in repairs ( Listed are..... Water Heater needs Replaced, Some Siding needs replaced and the Stove is Missing ) ...... How could I get such a Property to Qualify for a VA loan ?

Could I Pay to have the Repairs completed myself.... I.E. Out of my own Pocket ?

How do you get around repairs that are needed on a Property, when you're wanting to use a VA Loan for the Financing/ Purchase ?

Thank you for the help , It's very much appreciated 

Loading replies...