• Real Estate Investor
  • Reading, PA
Votes |
Some Tax Deed/Lien investing ?'s

Michael Correll
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Reading, PA
Posted Jul 7 2009, 12:09

Hey everyone, I am just starting out in the investing game. I have done a bunch of research as well as I used to be a realator. However, I need a few things clarified. I am located in PA which is a Tax deed sale state. I am planning on using the strategy of contacting the actual owners of the properties that make it to the time right before the sale. ( as far as my understanding these are the people who are most likely to not be able to pay for the property or just want to get rid of it) I would like to send out some marketing peices (letters etc...) to offer my services to help with the situation. (their impending tax forclsure) Then when and if I get any replies I would offer to pay there taxes off and give them some money for there time and the deed to their property (since they werent going to get anything anyways if the sale went through ) . My questiuons are these 1) does a simple title search at the courthouse cost anything and how would I go about it ( can it be done online? ) 2) It seems that alot of the counties only release the tax deed sale info about a month prior to the sale (which also seems to be only 1 time a year) is there a way that I can get this info at an earlier date and are there other tax sales at other times of the year?

Loading replies...