Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Charles Coaston
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Pittsburgh Sheriff sale - Please explain this part i'm stuck on.

Charles Coaston
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted Sep 23 2016, 12:24

I'll be doing my first bidding soon but I want to under stand this fully so I know what I'm looking. Let's say I'm looking at the sheriff sale listings and I see something I'm interested in.

Ex.

Full Notice2. Encore Property Management, LLCGD-16-006714—$93,369.21

Justin L. McCall, Esq.
McGrath McCall, P.C.

In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, County of Allegheny, Borough of Mt. Oliver: Having thereon erected a commercial space and dwelling house known as 741 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15210. Deed Book Volume 13449, Page 121, Block and Lot Number 33-L-12. Being part of Lot No. 3 in Block No. 2 in S.J. MacFarren's Plan called Giffin Place.

So...I go to my Pennsylvania, Allegheny County - Department of court records for Docket reports..

Docket Report - If you can't open the link, I have a pic below.

The amount listed in the sheriff listings is different from the dispute amount, why?

What would the starting bid start off at? 

Technically, would the amount displayed on the sheriff listing be combined with the Amount disputed? 

Can someone explain to me what I should be looking for if a property is free and clear on this particular site? 

Is there anything else on the website that I should be looking for? 

I also know as a rule of thumb to check out the property before hand going to the sheriff sale and also run a title search before hand. 

Is there anything else you guys recommend? 

Thanks for all the help. 

Loading replies...