Votes
Alexis Grover
  • Irvington, NJ
Votes |
tax sale in irvington nj

Alexis Grover
  • Irvington, NJ
Posted Nov 30 2016, 21:15

Me and my wife have been buying certificates at the tax sale in Irvington NJ  for quite some time, and its just been a nightmare i just had enough.

Irvington twp receives the check from the property owner but they play games on and on about this delay and this delay, it missed this meeting so it will go on the next meeting, someone forgot to put it on that meeting so it will go on the following meeting. then it finally does so you will get your check in a few days right? no! the finance office did not cut the checks yet because someone is out of town, when will he be back next week, ok so i wait again he comes back in to town but he is at "meetings" the the whole day, and anyway dont call us call the tax office i am told, but the tax office for years has been telling me its not their fault its the finance office who cuts the checks.

4 months after the interest date was calculated and i finally got my check!

(I am not talking of a small check, i am talking of checks in the 100-200k range, same story every time)

No wonder why Irvington is suffering, with such neglect and abuse for public service something big has to change, and it looks like mayor tony vauss is on the right path, he just might new to cut off some of the old heads that have old bad habits and are not ready to change.  

Loading replies...