Votes
George Gipson III
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
First 48 buying Tax Deed attached with City and County Liens

George Gipson III
  • Vero Beach, FL
Posted Feb 11 2017, 04:30

Hey I am 48 hrs away from owning my 1st Rental property but I need to know a few things. I live in Florida the sunny state and I already put my deposit down to be in tax deed auction this Monday. I went and looked at all the properties that I am interested and determined the most I will pay. While at the court house the lady said make sure you do your own research on the properties because you are responsible for them once you purchase the deed. So I did some research and found the phone number to find if any liens are on the property. I have 5 properties that catch my eye but 2 of them had liens. Both are duplexes worth about $40,000. The lien for the Spanish duplex is 250.00 day since 2013 and a running total of $96,000. The other duplex is on main street and no lien but receiving fines $100.00 a day with a running total of $7000 currently. So I told the lady I am glad I called you because this would have been a nightmare. She implied that people still buy them all the time and that you can go to the board to have the fines removed to $0 depending on what you say. She said I cant come get title until these liens are taken care of but when you are fixing up the property and rented it out the city want the taxex caught up and ussally reduce the fines. So I went back to the court house to tell this story and they said you still get the tax deed and own the property and i still can rent it out but the liens will still be on the property. So what should I do, just leave the property with liens alone or if I can get them good deal still purchase it. The 2nd choice property are 3 single unit apartment and i would have to pay $125 a month for each unit HOA fee but they rent for like $700 monthly. I need my first property to be a great start. By the way the government liens are removed its just city and county liens on property. What should I do ?

Loading replies...