South Carolina Tax Liens

6 Replies

Does anyone out there have experience with South Carolina Tax Liens?  I need advice.

Yes. I have been buying them for over 10 years. I can answer your questions.

@John Underwood   I am thinking its  a tax deed state. I am in escrow right now with a lot in Charleston were we are trying to clean up title.. NO EASY feat mind you

SC is a tax lien state. Deed is issued after 12 month redemption period ends.

If property has a Tax deed try and find previous owner and get quit claim deed from previous owner. Check and see if there were any other liens or mortgages that might cause a cloud on the title. Since this is only a lot it might be easy to clear up as long as nothing unusual is going on.

@John Underwood If the county still has it the property on the delinquent list after a year, are they selling a deed?

Originally posted by @Shimira Greene :

@John Underwood If the county still has it the property on the delinquent list after a year, are they selling a deed?

Not 100% sure but I would think you would get one right after purchase.

@John Underwood thank you, and once you receive the tax deed one will need to quite title? Take possession? Record the transfer? What is the process after purchasing straight from the County?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here