Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Deadrick Colbert
  • Investor
  • Easley, SC
Votes |
Has anyone had a similar experience with a lien on a hud home?

Deadrick Colbert
  • Investor
  • Easley, SC
Posted Jun 8 2017, 13:40

I'm curious as to whether anyone has experienced anything similar to this. My bid on a hud house was approved. In the contract I have 15 days to have an inspection completed. My realtor asked me to have the power turned on for the inspection. I called the utility company and they agreed to do so. However, several hours later the utility company called me back saying there was a note on the hud property account saying they could not turn on the utilities until a complaint was fixed. They gave me a phone number to call. It was to the city. There I was told that the city had to come out several times in 2015 ( 2 years ago) to mow the lawn several times and that there was a lien of over $1000 on the account that had to be paid before they would turn on the utilities for an inspection. She actually rudely demanded that I pay it right then over the phone.

I called my mortgage lender and was told that they won't have title inspection back for another week. That will be past the 15 day inspection window (but I will still have one done no matter what). He recommended that I have my buyers agent talk to the listing agent and have them either pay the lien or have the utilities turned on. The listing agent ended up calling the city and asking them to send an invoice to hud, and the listing agent is supposed to let me know next week if hud agrees or denies to pay. I have never had this happen before. Has anyone else experienced anything like this with hud?

Loading replies...