Votes
Chad Holman
  • Ottawa, IL
Votes |
Illinois tax lien certificate and Lis Pendens

Chad Holman
  • Ottawa, IL
Posted Aug 18 2017, 05:46

I'm trying to acquire two adjoining parcels in illinois - rural industrial unimproved land.   I'm not looking to make money, im interested in the properties for my own personnel use.  Both properties appear to have gone through tax lien sales twice since around 2013.

The first one, was available for sealed bid action - I'm awaiting to hear if I won the bid. So haven't done a title search yet, since I believe I have 30 days if I win. 

The second parcel had a tax lien certificate available for purchase.  This one is a bit tricker.  I confirmed certificate for 2014/2015 years is still available for purchase.  I did title search and discovered someone, in the past month, registered a Lis Penden foreclosure against previous property owners and I believe past  tax lien certificate owners.  

My question is, does it make to jyst contact person currently taking action on property or should I purchase tax lien first?  I was thinking they had to keep up with taxes or they lose their claim from previous tax lien purchase?

Loading replies...