• New to Real Estate
  • Texas
Votes |
VA Home Loans and Multiplex

Joseph Reh
  • New to Real Estate
  • Texas
Posted Oct 7 2017, 09:45

Hello, my name is Joseph and I am new to the home owning / investing world and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with VA Home Loans and/or renting to Military personnel?

In regards to the VA Home Loans, I know you can get a loan for a multiplex home as long as you occupy one of the rooms and claim it as a primary residence. With that being said, I am interested in purchasing a fourplex and occupying one of the rooms at the beginning of next year (2018), however, I will be temporarily going on a business expedition in another country in the middle of next year and will be returning after a year. Now, during my business expedition, I will NOT be purchasing another home or claiming another residence anywhere else, so the room I occupied at the beginning of the year will still be my primary residence. My question and concern is that the pre-requisite is that I occupy one of the rooms and since I will be out of town temporarily, would I lose the multiplex or would I still be able to return to my primary residence without worry or concern for losing it?

I appreciate any feedback or knowledge y'all have and look forward to your replies! Thank you.  

Loading replies...