Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Michael Lazzizzera
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Tax sale property headache - What would you do?

Michael Lazzizzera
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Oct 14 2017, 19:04

In June, I purchased a house at a county tax sale.  It ended up being beyond economical repair, so I sold it to a local investor at a loss.  I sent him the quit claim deed the following month and received payment.  A few weeks later, the county code enforcement sent me a nuisance abatement letter for the property being overgrown and trash.  This was one of the main reasons why I wanted to rid myself of the property quickly, since I live out of state and couldn't handle this myself.  Before this happened, I kept on the investor to file the quit claim but he ended up taking two months to file.  On top of that, he had the wrong legal description on the deed (something I should have caught), so we had to file a new quit claim deed.  Today I received a bill from the county for almost $3K for property cleanup, something that I shouldn't have been an issue since the deed should have been filed months before the nuisance abatement letter was received.  

I don't know what is the move at this point.  To be fully honest, I am still new to tax sale investing and am definitely paying my dues with this property.  Would appreciate any advice on what course of action to take.  

Loading replies...