Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Anastasia Jordan
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Bought & sold a tax certitficate. Lienholder now suing my buyer.

Anastasia Jordan
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Posted Apr 30 2018, 12:35

I was going to wait until a verdict was issued but oh well.

Read this from last year.....

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/92/topics/226...

Now for my part......

Bought a tax certificate in Feb 2017 (I think).  3 unit apartment building, all 2/1.

Sold it to another investor.  That investor rehabbed and ejected the hobos.

Turns out Bryan Conwill (under Mac Group LLC) used this property (in Ensley, the ghetto, smack in the middle of the projects) as collateral to secure a $100k+ loan to buy & rehab it.

$100k loan.......for property.....in Ensley.  The process went through a middle man (Luxor Funding) who solicited the hard money from a lady out in GA.   Mac Group went under, the money went missing, the rehab wasn't done, crackheads moved in, property was severely vandalized, and the hard money lender forclosed on the property & contacted us about redemption. Wait...... something sounds familiar don't it............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by @Theodore Myers:

i bought a house from them and let them manage it. Long story short they owe me more than $50000 and I am not going to rest until I collect. If you have be taken by these guys like I have please contact me and let's talk about legal options ( class action) and criminal. Arbor Trace, Birmingham Income Property, Bradley Lewis, Brian Conwell, Amy Conwill and Greg Malcolm are all crooks. They have many businesses that they have opened. Their M.O. is to ru one in the ground then they go to legal zoom and create anew one for 40 bucks. Feel free to co tact me and let's put them in their place

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, buyer sent her a bill (about 20K).  She don't want to pay it (offered 3k, lol).  

And now we are in front of Judge King because her lawyer is trying to say the tax sale was void (title of property changed hands about 8 times from the time taxes were due up until tax sale & no one assessed the property in their name so the "owner" at the time didn't get notice) and making a crybaby claim that as a lienholder she should have got notice of the sale.  Whatever......

My buyer is so cheap he did not hire a lawyer. So me & him was sitting up in there trying to handle it pro se.  No ruling was entered on the day we went to court. Judge King would like for both referees to just work it out but the Georgia lady's referee thinks I'm zipper-head-Fred and is not cooperating.   He dismissed us and ordered each party to submit a brief on our position. Now y'all know I'm not a lawyer.  I was up 4 hours before it was due to be turned into the Judge googling "how to write a case brief".   I think I have a plan B. 

I will let y'all know the outcome of this.  

Loading replies...